Monday, September 2, 2013

Kiss the Night Goodbye~ Keri Arthur

Kiss The Night Goodbye (Nikki & Michael, #4)Kiss The Night Goodbye by Keri Arthur
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first Keri Arthur novel I have ever read and I loved it. Even though I am starting way into a series (book 4) I still was able to both follow along and understand the story.
Summary:
Sometimes the past not only haunts, but destroys... One hundred years ago, Michael Kelly hunted down and killed the sorcerer responsible for murdering his lover. Now the brother of that man is out for revenge, and he intends to destroy all that Michael holds dear in the process. Nikki James wants nothing more than to pass the Circle's strict entry exams so she can get on with the business of planning her wedding to Michael. But when one of the testers attempts to kill her, she realises buying a wedding dress is the least of her worries. Especially when Michael is shot and kidnapped. The trail leads her to the ghost town where Michael had once killed a madman. She's not surprised to discover that Weylin Dunleavy, the brother of that long ago murderer, has set in place events that will mirror the past in order to raise his brother's spirit from hell. Nor is she truly surprised to discover that a barrier of magic surrounds the old town, leaving her to battle Weylin with only her wits, strength and the one psychic gift she cannot fully control. The one thing that does surprise, the one thing she cannot accept, is the fact that Michael no longer remembers who she is..


My Take:
 I'm sure it would be even better if I had read the first three but I feel it says a lot about an author that their books work as stand alone pieces as well. I also felt like there was just enough back story, but not too much so that readers of the whole series would become bored.
The characters had dimension and spunk, especially Nikki. She certainly falls into the kick ass heroine category. Michael is a Vampire who seems to be fighting his own demons both from the past and within, adding even more to his character and allowing both Nikki and the reader to see the depth of his love for her and their connection. I will be keeping my eyes out at the book store to pick up the whole series.



No comments:

Post a Comment