Saturday, September 21, 2013

All Together Dead ~ Charlaine Harris

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say this series has taken my by surprise. I know what your thinking, how is that possible. With so much talk about the series how could you not expect to love it. Well honestly I was unimpressed by the first novel in the series. I felt like Sookies character was very one dimensional in the first novel. So deciding that maybe this was the one time where the show was better I put the rest of the series on the back burner and just forgot about them.
Summary:
Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every sort of undead and paranormal creature imaginable. And after being betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Sookie must not only deal with a new man in her life—the shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with the long-planned vampire summit.

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans. And there are some vamps who would like to finish what nature started. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.

My Take:
Then last month I was looking for a quick read and picked up book two. Now it seems with each book the series gets better and better. The characters have real emotion with reactions that make sense. As a reader you feel invested in what happens to them and have strong emotions to what goes down.
In this novel we find Sookie back dealing with Vampire business. This time its a huge Vampire meeting that you know isn't going to end well. I think this is an important addition to the series because Sookie is forced to really grow as a person. She is also able to use her abilities to do some good. I really enjoyed this one and can't wait to finish the whole series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment