Friday, May 10, 2013

Dark Wolf ~ Kate Douglas

Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)Dark Wolf by Kate Douglas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Type: Erotica

I'm not sure what I was expecting with this book. I have never read anything by Kate Douglas but the summary sounded interesting so I figured I'd give it a shot. The storyline and characters grabbed me from the start. I will warn you though this is a true erotica. There was every possible combination or lovers in this one so if thats not your style you may want to pass on this one. 

Summary: Sebastian Xenakis is still coming into his power as a wizard. He can shapeshift by magical means and runs as a wolf using the power he draws from the elements. But young women are dying—raped by a human and then slaughtered by a wolf. Suspicion falls on the shapeshifting Chanku, but Sebastian wonders if he might somehow be guilty of the crimes. 

Then he meets Lily Cheval, the uncrowned princess of the powerful Chanku, and realizes he will do whatever it takes to clear his name and win her love. But evil walks where Sebastian goes, and there are mysteries neither Lily nor her father, the powerful wizard, Anton Cheval, cannot unravel. Is Sebastian the perfect mate for Lily, or is he instead, one she should fear?(



My Take: I enjoyed the POV of both main characters as they experience the world around them and each other. About 60 percent through the sex scenes got a little intense for my taste but were still very well written. I think Kate Douglas did a fantastic job writing an erotica novel which still had both a storyline and emotional appeal. The only thing I wish was that there was a little less crying, just because something is emotional doesn't mean you have to be brought to tears each time. Other than that I thought this was the great start to a new series and I will keep my eyes peeled for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment