Monday, April 29, 2013

Jaguar Fever ~ Terry Spear

Jaguar Fever (Heart of the Jaguar, #2)Jaguar Fever by Terry Spear
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I will have to admit I was hesitant to start this series. Not because I was in doubt of how great it would be, but because I am currently working on my own cat shifter novel. As you can imagine I have been trying to avoid any other cat shifter novels just to keep out any outside influence.  Since I have read all of the Heart of The Wolf Series, even the ones on Netgalley I decided to grab this one, cat shifter or not. I was glad I did.


Summary:
Jaguar shifter Maya Anderson learns about a secret jaguar society through undergournd social networking sites. She wanted to discover others like her, but now she's got more trouble than she bargained for—including one hot jaguar shifter who's set his sights on her. Wade Patterson has learned that Maya is a shifter—and available. But how does he get to know her when he left such a bad first impresssion? When he learns Maya has gone to a watering hole for jaguar shifters to meet up, he quickly follows after, hoping she is wily enough to hold her own..

My Take:
 I guess I shouldn't be surprised by how fantastic this novel was. The jaguar shifters have a fresh new feel to them with a whole set of interesting characteristics just ready to be explored. Since they are cats they are not forced to shift by the faze of the moon. There also was no mention yet about their life cycle, if the age slowly like the wolves do. I am hoping with each book Spear will build the mythology of her newest shifters.
As for the characters themselves I enjoyed them completely. The men were strong and rugged. Obviously very sexy. The female characters were equally as strong and willful. A characteristic that I have always enjoyed in  The Heart of the Wolf Series. No whiny female leads in these books. With some hot love scenes thrown in to this action packed novel it was the kind I just couldn't put down!
Make sure you preorder yours today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment