Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wolf with Benefits ~ Shelly Laurenston

Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)Wolf with Benefits by Shelly Laurenston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got this one as a Netgalley and it was great. I don't think I have read something so funny in a long time.

Summary:
Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?

Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for..

My Take:
This was not your typical romance novel. Within the first two paragraphs I actually laughed out loud. The rest of the novel went the same way with both witty and just hilarious moments. All through the laughter the author did a fantastic job building her characters into socially awkward but totally lovable. I don't usually consider myself a written comedy lover. I barely made it through that book about the Demon hunting soccer mom but this one was different. It is one of those you will stay up late at night because you just can't put it down. Now I just have to find out if Shelly Laurenston has any other books out there so I can pick them up!


No comments:

Post a Comment