Friday, August 24, 2012

Her Unwelcome Inheritance ~ J. Aleksandy Wootton

Her Unwelcome Inheritance by J. Aleksandr Wootton
My rating: 3.5 stars

I have to say this review may have been much different if I hadn't been given the updated version. The original ARC was a little confusing at first but the finished product been sold on Amazon is well edited making it far easier to get through. Scroll down to the bottom to find out about my giveaway to get a free ebook version of the novel.

Summary: 

A story about Faerie, going off to university, family tensions, supernatural stalkers, and what to do when people you respect reveal that they believe in something absurd and impossible.



My Take: The above summary does not do this one justice. The story itself is very interesting. I personally don't know too much about Fairy legends, just what I've learned from reading Patricia Briggs novels, so for me there was a lot of information to take in.  We follow a college bound girl who ends out her mother has been on the run from a crazed boyfriend since before her birth. Worse than that everyone around her suddenly believes in magic and talking animals! The characters were well done but there were a fair number of them for you to follow.

About halfway through the novel seems to really pick up pace. This may be because I was able to understand the minor characters better by this point, I can't be fully sure. Overall I enjoyed the read and probably learned a few things along the way. For someone who usually sticks to werewolves and serial killers, the Fae is a bit out of my usual realm. I have a feeling if your really into fairies and there legends you will find the reading easier than I did.

I will warn you that the ending is a cliffhanger. Which I did ask the author about in my interview with him, as well as a few other interesting questions. So if you want to know more about what built this story be sure to check out my interview.


While your here add a post with your email and you will be automatically entered to win a free ebook copy of the novel.





2 comments: