Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Masquerade ~ Rivka Spicer

Masquerade Masquerade by Rivka Spicer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Amazing! This one snuck up on me and before I knew it I had been reading all day. I seriously had trouble pulling myself away. I was lucky enough to receive an email from the Author about reviewing Masquerade and even though I had no idea what an indexer was I figured the plot sounded interesting and why not give it a shot?  I am very glad I did.....


Summary:
Oceana is a hard-working, straight down the line indexer with an attitude.

Tristan is the millennia old executioner for the vampire council.

They meet when Tristan seeks her help on a case and she is unwillingly drawn into his twisted and violent world where nothing is as it seems on the surface. As she discovers through Tristan who and what she is, Oceana's life changes irrevocably and the only choice she believes she has left is whether or not to give her love to this charming, perplexing and dangerous man, but even that is twisted around her by the masquerade that is life amongst vampires..



My take:


I know I already told you it was amazing but it bears repeating. Rivka Spicer has created characters you will love. Her vampires are rough around the edges with a brutal side, just the way I like them. Her heroine Oceana is instantly lovable. She is a strong willed, independent woman who learns to pull her power from within to protect the ones around her. This isn't your typical Vampire Romance with a whimsy female lead, Oceana can stand on her own to feet and does. She even manages to save the day a time or two.


Now Tristan is a controlling, but gorgeous Vampire who is concerned with his own affairs taking Oceana along for the ride with him, like it or not. There is also a secondary love interest making you wonder who exactly you should be rooting for. And of course I love that it isn't set in the US. I really enjoyed the police aspect. Its interesting to think of how different countries police investigations differ from the ones I see every day on US TV. Good thing I watch White Chapel so I knew exactly what a DI was (Detective Inspector for all of you who don't watch White Chapel)


I don't want to give away too much, because if you love Vampire stories you should be adding this one to your TBR pile right now, but this is an emotional roller coaster of a novel that you will not be able to put down. Seriously. I will be keeping my eye out for the next installment of Oceana's story!


Don't forget to check out my author interview with Rivka Spicer where she lets us in on some very interesting  facts 
about the creation of this fantastic novel and whats next :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Wolf Majick!

    I received your group message from blogaholics so I wanted to stop by and say hi! I am your newest follower through GFC and Networked Blogs!

    I am so glad I got the chance to read your review for Masquerade! This is definitely a book I would read. I'll be adding it to my TBR pile!

    Feel free to come stop by my blog and follow! I review books and movies!

    Best Wishes!
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mia, I loved your site :) I've already added a few books to my TBR pile from your latest post!

    ReplyDelete