Thursday, May 17, 2012

Harvest Moon ~ C.L Bevill

Harvest MoonHarvest Moon by C.L. Bevill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I picked this up on Amazon a few weeks ago. Harvest Moon is set in the same "world" as the moon trilogy. I'm not sure if it is because after three previous books I am already invested in this series or if it is the characters themselves but this was my favorite "moon" book so far.


Summary:
Emma is a member of the Cat Clan. She is an animal shifter who was brutally turned when she was only fourteen years old. Wheeler is the leader of the Cat Clan. He is another shifter who brought Emma into his realm when he scented her presence in another state. Because of her violent introduction to the world of weres, Wheeler has been dancing around Emma for years, waiting for her to adjust and realize their innate attraction. On the cusp of that relationship, Emma is taken by a group of humans that ruthlessly use shifters as big game and experimentation. Both will fight to overcome circumstances. Emma will battle to survive. Wheeler will struggle to find Emma before it’s too late.



My Take:


Since I mentioned the characters I'd like to point out how well they were done even though this was just a novella. The Heroine, Emma,  is strong and determined, able to take care of herself and not wait for the cavalry to arrive. Now thats not to say the male characters didn't have to do some work, but you never felt like there was a damsel in distress.


My only complaint is that this was a novella. I think C.L Bevil has crafted an enjoyable world and I hope there are more stories to be told from it. If you love to read books about shifters this one is not to be missed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment