Saturday, March 31, 2012

Motor City Mage ~ Cindy Spencer Pape

Motor City Mage (Urban Arcana,  #4) Motor City Mage (Urban Arcana, #4) by Cindy Spencer Pape
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary;

As a cop who keeps paranormals in line, Des has a hard time trusting them. So why does he want the beautiful werewolf Lana more than his next breath? She's mouthy, flamboyant and distractingly sexy—not the type of woman for a reserved mage like him. Lana admires Des, but she can't be with someone who won't take her seriously, no matter how much she'd love to rip off his dress shirt.

When a dangerous new drug shows up in Detroit, Des must locate the source, and Lana is determined to help. But their plan goes awry, trapping them in a demon dimension. To return home, Lana and Des must flee through a series of unpredictable alternate realities, fighting enemies while trying to shut down the drug trade. But if they're going to survive, they'll have to rely on each other, even though getting closer will add fuel to a fire that's already burning out of control...


My thoughts...

Now I have to start off by saying I was at a slight disadvantage coming into this book. I received a copy of the book via Net Galley but had not read the first three in the series. Now don't get me wrong Motor City Mage does work well at a standalone. The only problem I had was that the first chapter had very little build up. After that initial chapter though I knew what was going on and the story flowed very well.

Apparently Des a Mage and Lana a werewolf have been "dealing" with each other for a few months before this story takes place. Now due to being at the right place at the wrong time Lana and Des are thrown together trying to stop a demon drug dealer. Working closely together Lana and Des can no longer deny their attraction to one another causing some heated love scenes!

Pape takes us into an amazing world of paranormal creatures living along side humans, who of course have no idea what is going on. This is exactly the way I like my urban fantasy, kind of a fractured fairy tale version. I really enjoyed the whole parallel world/dimension thing. I have to say if you enjoyed Kiss of the Vampire by Cynthia Garner you will probably enjoy this one as well. I do recommend starting at the beginning of the series though, you will probably enjoy it more that way :)


Check out Cindy Spencer Pape's blog for more info on all of her titles

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! I agree. It is really hard to start a series in the middle and not feel out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete