Thursday, March 8, 2012

City of Glass ~ Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

City of Glass is the third installment of the Mortal Instruments series. Cassandra Clare has done an amazing job weaving a world of magic and demons. Her characters are well done with personalities that are believable (considering their life circumstances) and enjoyable. All through the second book I felt truly bad for Jace and Clary, due to their obvious attraction. Luckily for them, and me, The author has taken the time to drop subtle hints towards the future, or in this case the past.
One of the best parts of this book was that all of the lingering questions from the first two books have been answered. Along with some kick ass fighting and crazy magic wielding. There are even some Angels thrown in just for good measure. Now I have the fourth book sitting on my shelf but I think I may hold off a bit. After checking the mortal instruments website I noticed that the last book in this 3 book installment won't be published till 2014! Really? If the next group of 3 is anything like the last I think I'd better hold off till they are all published to read them, I hate 2 year cliffhangers. Its bad enough I'm going to have to wait countless years to find out what happened to Jon Snow... Anyways we will see if I stick to my guns, probably I'll just read the next two and re read them in 2014.
So back to this book. Clary finds herself in the position to save her mother but to do so has to travel to Alicante to do so. Now of course Valentine is already working some secret plot to overthrow the Shadowhunters and Clary, Jace and the rest are caught right in the middle of it. Who else can stop the evil Valentine but his children.
This book is totally enjoyable and does something most series never do, it leaves you satisfied with all of your questions answered.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment