Wednesday, March 7, 2012

City of Ashes ~ Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

* Spoilers*
What can I say about City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments book 2)... I Loved it. I stayed up till 1 am just to finish it and felt the need to run right out and get the next one, City of Glass. Clare has a gift for putting demons/vampires and the like in a new light. There is nothing I like more than some creativity in fantasy series. I will say that the entire book I sat hoping we would find out Clary and Jace were not brother and sister but thanks to some hints I'm thinking we will know for sure soon. My fingers are crossed for Clary because its strange enough finding out that your mother and father are demon slayers and you dad has turned evil. Being in love with your brother, thats just too much for any teenager to deal with. Not to mention gross (yuck).

An even bigger problem arises when poor Simon is turned into a vampire! I mean talk about guilt getting your best friend turned into the un-dead. This has been a really bad few months as far as Clary's life goes. Now since her evil father Valentine is around making trouble things do not look like they are going to get any better in the near future, and they don't. Clary finds herself in the middle of an evil plan to have demons overthrow the Clave, and she, Jace and the rest of the Shadowhunters need to get it together and stop Valentine, and try to not get killed in the process.

If you read the first book and liked it, then your probably like me and hooked. Get ready for some sleepless nights while you get through the next few books. They are totally worth it! I have to say this was my favorite book in the series. The characters really come to life and become people you truly feel for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment