Friday, March 16, 2012

Catching Fire ~ Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, this was even better than the first one! I almost always enjoy the second book of a good series because you already know the characters and hopefully like them. Of course this was true for Catching Fire. The story picks up a few months after the conclusion of The Hunger Games. We find Katniss home but still not sure how she feels about Gale or Peeta. To make matter worse President Snow has arrived to put the pressure on. Her berries incident is causing a rebellion and Katniss needs to find some way to stop it. The trouble is how do you stop a rebellion you didn't mean to start. Even worse, do you really want to?

Katniss is draw into a fast paced world on the verge of rebellion. She sees the horrors around her with slowly opening eyes and realizes she is trapped in a never ending game. I honestly had trouble putting this book down, even to eat and go to work. It was truly amazing. There were even times I was so frustrated for the characters I wanted to throw the book across the room, but of course I didn't.

Now I will warn you, Catching Fire ends on a cliff hanger of sorts, you will need to have the last book handy so you don't have to run right out an buy it. I'm sure you are going to want it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment