Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Darkness Bound ~ Stella Cameron

Darkness Bound ~ Stella Cameron


What can I say about Darkness Bound other than I loved it? Well to start I think the summary makes it sound more romance-ish than it is. Now for all of you romance lovers there is a great love story in here but there is such a great story line that I think non romance readers will enjoy this one as well.
Don't forget to check out my author interview, a special thanks to Stella for stopping by to give us her insight.

Summary from Amazon:
WHEN NIGHT FALLS

After her husband's tragic death, Leigh Kelly arrives on Whidbey Island determined to start over. Yet the tiny town of Chimney Rock is not as peaceful as it seems. Women have been disappearing, and Leigh can't shake the feeling that she's being watched . . . especially at night. Soon, she's experiencing visions she can't explain and fighting her attraction to a handsome stranger who seems to know her most intimate desires.

PASSION TRANSFORMS THEM

As the leader of the Team, a pack of werehounds forced to hide their very existence, former special ops soldier Niles Latimer is desperate to prove a man's heart beats beneath his predator's body. And Leigh-the mysterious beauty possessing powers she doesn't yet understand-may be the one woman who can help him. But Niles isn't the only one who recognizes Leigh's true identity. Something evil is waiting in the woods-and the hunt has begun . . .



What I really liked was that Cameron has built a storyline around werehounds. Now I love shifters anyways but I really enjoy it when someone has a different approach and Camerons werehounds are just that, something totally new that I for one haven't seen before. 
The trouble for the werehounds is that there are only males left, IE no more werehounds unless they can find compatible mates in the human world. If that isn't enough to keep this pack of werehounds on their toes they still have to deal with a trouble making pack of werewolves.
The werewolves seem to feel its their job in life to make trouble for the humans and remove the werehounds hope for a future. Throw in some vampires and a few fae for good measure and you've got yourself one wild paranormal ride.
Its up to Niles and Leigh to not only stop the werewolves evil plan but hopefully find love in the process. I honestly am looking forward to the next book in the series. The werehounds have captured my attention, as I' sure they will yours!


I give this novel a 5 out of 5 stars



2 comments:

  1. Oh my stars! I must read this one! Sounds absolutely delicious :)

    Gena Robertson
    robertsongena@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for sharing your review. These books are going on my list for sure. But it would be great to win them. :)
    luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete